Caterpillar IncCapital Accountant
21 Juli 2021
- Review of Requests for Investments (RFI), review of capital work orders/internal orders, journal entries, adherence to capital SOX controls, and assisting in asset retirements, transfers and capital asset impairments.
- Work Supporting Business Processes: Prepare and record capital accounting entries, analyze Requests for Investments and capital work orders/internal orders to determine proper asset classification, assist capital coordinators with final disposition of assets.
- Accounting Knowledge: Ensure conformity to capital accounting practices and procedures. Develop knowledge required to contribute to capital process improvements.
- System Knowledge: Ability to learn various capital asset systems utilized by the capital assets group
- Project Teams: provide technical guidance and leadership to the team and other support positions
- Decisions: Medium risk issues, reviewed by Manager. Uses proven capital guidance and solutions.
- Gain an understanding of Caterpillars business and accounting practices, systems and procedures.
- Learn and develop skills which result from the practical application of basic accounting knowledge, and
- Provide assistance to a project team or others in the work group.
- Accomplish a high level of compilation and basic analysis work, reviewing clerical input and generating reports
- Identifies relevant data and data sources, gathers and analyzes the information, and provides feedback.
- Proficient in English.
- Minimum of bachelors degree preferably in Accounting or related field
- At least 3 years equivalent experience in Accounting areas which provide exposure to various functions of Capital Asset transactions.
- Have a strong analytical skill and the ability to navigate the various capital asset systems.
- Good human relations skills are required to develop a cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside the department.